If the judge grants DUI probation for your drunk driving conviction, you might avoid jail time. However, probation is not without consequences. You must comply with all terms and conditions of probation, or you could face additional penalties for DUI probation violations.
The West Chester DUI lawyers at DiCindio Law, LLC will work with you to resolve DUI offenses to avoid severe penalties. Our criminal defense attorney is a former Chester County prosecutor. Therefore, our legal team has the benefit of firsthand knowledge of how the state prosecutes and punishes drunk driving cases.
If you were arrested for driving under the influence, contact our office in West Chester, Pennsylvania, or call us at (610) 430-3535 to schedule a free consultation. The first step in protecting your best interest is to seek legal advice from a trusted criminal defense lawyer.
Table of Contents
How Our West Chester DUI Lawyers Help You After a DUI Arrest in Chester County
Our legal team at DiCindio Law, LLC aggressively fights to keep you out of jail after a DUI arrest. Our goal for a DUI case is to dismiss the charges or achieve an acquittal. If a DUI conviction cannot be avoided, we work to get you the best terms for a DUI plea agreement.
When you hire our experienced West Chester DUI lawyer to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the DUI stop, field sobriety tests, and DUI arrest to determine if law enforcement officers violated your rights
- Analyze the results of a breath test or other chemical DUI test to determine if the results can be challenged
- Gather evidence that raises doubt you were impaired at the time of the DUI arrest
- Ensure that the prosecutor’s office provides all required evidence and documentation it intends to enter into evidence
- File motions to suppress evidence obtained through unlawful police actions
- Diligently negotiate fair terms for a DUI plea deal
- Advise you of your legal options and discuss the pros and cons of accepting a plea bargain instead of going to a DUI trial
We work to protect your rights, freedom, and best interests throughout your DUI case. Regardless of whether this is your first time DUI or your third DUI offense, our legal team works hard to minimize the consequences of a DUI on your life.
Call our law firm to request a free consultation with an experienced DUI probation attorney in Chester County, PA. Then, let’s work together to resolve charges of driving under the influence.
What is DUI Probation in West Chester, PA?
The Chester County Probation and Parole Office supervises individuals on probation in Chester County.
If you complete the terms of DUI probation, you can avoid going to jail for a DUI conviction. Common terms and conditions for DUI probation include, but might not be limited to:
- Performing a specific number of hours of community service
- Attending DUI school
- Avoid further misconduct (i.e., do not get arrested for another DUI or crime)
- Installation of ignition interlock device (IID) to continue driving
- Mandatory alcohol/drug abuse treatment or counseling
- Meeting with your probation officer regularly
- Maintaining gainful employment
- Random alcohol and drug tests
- Payment of fees and costs of DUI probation
- Pay fines and assessments related to the DUI conviction
- Refrain from the use of alcohol or drugs
Discuss the terms and conditions of DUI probation with your lawyer and your probation officer. Understanding your responsibilities and duties regarding probation is the best way to avoid violating DUI probation.
What Happens if I Violate Probation After a DUI Conviction?
The court schedules a Violation Hearing. While the judge determines what to do about a DUI probation violation, you may be held in jail.
The judge may revoke probation and send you to jail if you violate probation. On the other hand, the judge could allow you to continue on probation, but they might impose additional conditions or extend the period of time on probation.
Common ways that people violate DUI probation include:
- Failing an alcohol or drug screening
- Not showing up for court hearings or meetings with their probation officer
- Being arrested for drunk driving while on probation
- Committing other criminal offenses
- Failing to attend mandatory counseling sessions, meetings, or classes
- Not completing community service hours
You can fight allegations of violations of probation. If you receive notice of a probation violation, contact your West Chester DUI defense attorney immediately. Your lawyer can help you explain why you did not violate probation or argue mitigating factors in defense of a probation violation.
Get Help From an Experienced West Chester DUI Lawyer
The best way for you to protect yourself after a DUI arrest is to talk to a DUI attorney.
A lawyer protects your rights and holds the state accountable for proving each legal requirement for a DUI conviction. In addition, your attorney protects you from aggressive prosecutors who already believe you are guilty before reviewing the evidence in your case. If DUI probation is your best option, we will do our best to ensure that result.
Call now to schedule your free consultation with a West Chester DUI attorney.